Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dealing with things

Hello everyone!

Today my blog is me airing the fact that I'm diabetic. I have all sorts of feelings going through
my mind regarding this diagnosis. Some fear, anger, and but most of all I think I'm starting
to come to the realization that I'm human and the Lord made me this way. Instead of asking why me?
I should consider -- why not me?!

Yes, there are some changes that are all ready in the works. Like diet, making time for exercise, and
having to prick my fingers twice a day, and focusing on the number on the glucometer. But I'm learning
to treat me, myself, and I like I should have been treating myself all along. Take time to breathe, relax, and concentrate on how my body feels.

It all started with a health screening at work, which my hubby and I have done for the past two
years, it's always come back OK. Until this time, my blood sugar was 329, my Hgb A1C 11.5
my Chol, Tryglycerides, HDL, and LDL ALL out of whack! So, with the readings, I was supposed
to meet online with a health coach. This was rather kind of neat, it was like skyp? --we could see each
other via our computers, and talk about my routines, and my goals. And, she highly suggested that me
an RN, health care provider, but also human being, go see a doctor regarding my blood sugars. UGH!

SO, I did-and much to my surprise, my doctor was very supportive and listened to me & my husband.
He looked at my lab results and the log of blood sugars that I had been keeping over the past 6 weeks.
So he thinks that for now, we can control it with diet & exercise, and just watch the labs every 6 weeks.
So, I had the Hgb A1C redrawn along with a lipid panel. And, I'm happy to report that everything is
decreasing, albeit some of it not as quickly as I would like, but it is decreasing!

So,  It is with much satisfaction, that I sign off as--
Connie Seidl, a not as sweet blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment